Tourism Experiential Marketing – Taste of Iceland
The Tourism Event Marketing Ask
Business Iceland wanted an event marketing agency they could trust to produce and activate their most valuable annual promotional marketing tour.
The Experiential Marketing Tour Stops
Chicago, Toronto, and Seattle
The Brand Activation Agency Solution
Evolve Activation was honored to be the first tourism experiential marketing agency to manage The Taste of Iceland. Naturally, Business Iceland partnered with Evolve Marketing to create 3 days full of experiential marketing journeys in each city.
Taste of Iceland is an annual event celebrating Icelandic culture across North America. Specifically, with food tastings, film screenings, concerts, and more, attendees can experience a taste of Iceland closer to home. For this purpose, our event activation strategy transported guests to Iceland via authentic Icelandic experiences. Moreover, each event activation brought the essence of Iceland to consumers.
Some of the event activations produced:
- Elemental Sound Bath: Guests were invited to experience inner peace and healing meditation with Icelandic Energy Healer Jósa Goodlife.
- Secrets of the Sprakkar: Guests explored Iceland’s rich storytelling tradition with Iceland’s First Lady Eliza Reid. Additionally, guests learn the meaning and magic behind the word “Sprakkar.”
- Reykjavik Calling Concert: Guests enjoy a free concert with artists curated by Iceland Airwaves featuring LÓN, Axel flóvent, and Rakel.
- Explore Iceland: 66°North Brand Ambassador and adventure photographer Alex Strohl shared his experiences and stunning images.
Tourism Event Marketing Results
- Markets: 3
- Total Events: 20
- Experiential Event Sponsors: 12
- Event Ticket Requests: 20,937
- Attendance: 1675 (Event attendance was limited to small exclusive groups)
- Earned Media Amplification: 3.5 million
Furthermore, hundreds of promotional prizes were given to attendees in each city, including an all-inclusive trip to Iceland. As a result, these experiences inspired new guests to visit, others to return, and many to continue to follow their favorite artists and brands via social media channels.